Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Soggy in Carcasonne

I loved hearing from you all and I hope that all keeps going well. Jodi is moving. Tim doesn't have a shoulder. USU beat BYU :( The Poulsens went to NYC and partied with the Ben Smiths, who are busy in studies and life, the Sealys are busy busy but great, Lish is back to work and the Tres Smiths are doing basement work and finishing soccer season. It sounds like the provo crew is keeping in real as well (this is my shout out to Jen, Mikey, HP, Kelli, Anna, Michelle, Mad Dogg, Kevin, Em, Eric, and the Vegans) ha
I'm super grateful that I bought my coat and my umbrella last week, because it has been raining not stop for almost 48 hours. Yesterday we walked for like 30 minutes in Hurricane Katrina numero deux, and we were drenched. It didn't help that a car splashed with a huge puddle either. We made it to our appointment and then we did it again, We were wet, but happy. We sang several remixes of singing in the rain, there is sunshine in my soul to day, you are my sunshine, and rain drops keep fallin on my head.
Cette Semaine......
Tuesday: We had a district meeting and it was really good. We got new new missionaries in our district, one of which was Elder Danny Allen. It was great, I opened the door to my apartment and for a second I felt like I was back in Kaysville, at Dear Old Davis High School. We both couldn't believe that we were on the other side of the world and we were looking at each other. He was great and I enjoyed the 3 hours we got to spend together. He stayed in Carcassonne on an exchange and I went to Beziers for the day. Beziers was really good. We contacted and taught a recent convert and had a family night with some members as well.
Wednesday: I was back in Carcassonne and we taught some Amis, but had some no shows
Thursday: I was on an exchange in Montpellier while Elder Magnan was at a leadership meeting for the whole mission. It was nice. I was working with an elder from my district in the MTC. It was different. But good, Montpellier is alot bigger than Carcassonne, the exchange made me realize how gratiful I am for Elder Magnan, I enjoy the way we teach and contact alot more. They are good missionaries in Montpellier but it was just alot different, and I felt like we were wasteing time just talking to people. Me and Elder Magnan jump right into contacting. Bonjour we are missionaries, there is a prophet on the earth today! or something like that. but in Montpellier, we small talked and shot the breeze and then started talking about the gospel. Good, just really different.
Friday: I headed back from Montpellier but we had troubles with trains. The Trains were running late, and all sorts of things were messed up, so we ran for our a train and asked the controller if we could pay for our tickets on the train (usually you have to have travel plans and to have bought your ticket already). we road that train as far as we could and then we were in Narbonne, a city without missionaries and it was about 7 o clock and we had no train. We wandered through Narbonne and contacted people, even though there was no missionaries that could teach them easily and then we went back to the train station to find a way to Carcassonne. We ended up doing the same thing, and asking the controller if we could buy our tickets while on the train, he said yes, but there wasn't any seats left. The entire train was booked. He let us buy tickets and we rode in the luggage racks on our way to Carcassonne. It was an adventure for sure.
Saturday: We have an Amis who is going to be babtised in 2 weeks, but he lives out in the country side with his wife(member from Brazil). There is no trains directly for his little village. We woke up early and took the Train to Toulouse and then waited in Toulouse for a little train going to Foix. We took that train and then they met us at the train station and drove us 30 minutes to their house in Lavelavet. In total it took us 3 and a half hours to go teach him. We then taught and ate lunch and they drove us back to the train station. The Train was late but we road back to Toulouse and then again to Carcassonne. We left Carcassonne at 7 in the morning and got back at 7 at night. 12 hours for 1 Rendez-vous! It was important that he was taught. but it took a long time.
so in all reality I wasn't in Carcassonne this week. It hurt the work because we spent alot of time traveling and teaching other companionships Amis'. It was a good we none the less. We have 3 Amis' engaged to be babtised and 3 others that are SOOO close to committing to babtism.
It was a good week, but they numbers weren't their to prove it. but thats OK, we taught those that needed to be taught and we learned many lessons.
I hope all is well. Know that I love you all! This work is the work of the Lord and you can share it aswell, as you live the gospel and show others the joy and happiness of the gospel by example.
LOVE Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment