Monday, February 28, 2011

When Mayo attacks!!!!

So this week was pretty good, we had a lot of success and we are being blessed out the wahzoo! I don't feel like we desire these blessings but we will take them. Last week have 5 amis at church and it was the most that PĂ©rigueux has seen in six months when we walked in to sacrament meeting this week with 11 amis, the members were well suprised!
I will give a little report on the amis
Jonthan Richard age 21 French being baptised this weekend the 5th of March
Fabiola and Kevin (Ils sont trop cool!) age 18 and 21 from Guyane engaged to be baptised the 26th of March
Slyvie Parrot age 41 French, engaged to be baptised the 26th of March
Adrienne, Jean, Diane, Aimeables, Florence, Slyvie 45,17,15,13,9,12 From Congo not yet engaged for baptism
Damdin and Naran age 28 and 27 From Mongolia not yet engaged for the baptism
That is all of our Amis that came to Church, except Jonathan, the one that is getting baptised wasn't at church because he got sick because of some old Mayo in the fridge on Saturday night. He has only come to church 2 times and usually you must come to church 3 times to get baptised but because he is so ready our mission president made an exception and jonathan will still getting baptised this weekend.
We have met everyone one of this people by contacting in the road and Slyvie is the ami that we have made for the longest amount of time (5 weeks)
I am way too many stories and miracles to share with you but I would just like to give one this week.
We were sitting in Fabiola and Kevins apartment (they are cousins) and we were talking about baptism, they expressed their desire to be baptised but they said that they had too many things to change and that if they were going to get baptised they wanted to be ready so they could stay strong after. At the moment we were on exchanges and I was with Elder Noyce (he is from the big ole SLC). I had the thought to share a scripture from Mosiah 18 which says something like this in english " if this is the desire of your heart what do you have against being baptised and showing the lord that you are ready to make a covenant with him" Fabiola read the scripture and stopped after she read that phrase, she looked at me and said " the warms my heart", we bore testimony that that warmth was the Holy Ghost telling her that it was true and that she needed to follow the feeling and be baptised. She agreed and so did her cousin Kevin. It was SOOOO rad! I loved it and I absolutely love all of our amis'. I feel like I have known them all for so long, and like we are the best of friends. Everytime that we go to Kevins and Fabiolas we just laugh and talk but we feel the spirit so strong as well.
Also we have the Satuday Sports and Jonathan and Kevin came, and I finally got to play soccer with europeans! It was the dream, I had my shoes, Davis soccer shirt and legit french soccer shorts (they all complimented my shorts, Thanks JEN :) )
It was a great week but we still can improve greatly, The lord blessed us again and the work is rolling, it is hard for me to believe that 8 weeks ago I got here and was at the sacrament meeting with 35 people and this week in total there was 75!! C'est incroyable!
Alors Je vous aime tous et je prie pour que le Seigneur vous benise!!!!!
Elder Smith
PS a picture with me and my son, and my short hair because I let him go at me with the buzzers :/
MOMs Questions
Who are your amis besides Jonathan that were at church last Sunday? see section above
Where did you find Jonathan and his family? Contacting on the road to the chapel
Why did you get bikes? We got bikes because I did a little smooth talking while I was in Toulouse, there were rumors floating around the mission had a couple of bikes sitting in the garage under the office so I went exploring while we had some time between our trains the the office gave us bikes :)
Do we need to send extra money for the bike? nope
How is your new Companion working out? Peachy
How is it to be a trainer? Tiring/Demanding yet Peachy
How is it to be a District leader? good, there are not a whole lot of different things about being a district leader, exchanges, calls and baptism interviews and district meetings. so for the most part I do all the same stuff except a couple of times during the transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment