Monday, December 20, 2010

JOYEUX NOEL ! from Perigueux

Actually I'm not in Periguex yet but I will be for Christmas. Right now I'm in Toulouse and you are all sleeping. I was waiting for my train, and I have 4 HOURS in between my trains so we decided to go find a Cyber Cafe in Toulouse. I'm not sitting in a very crapped room with 12 computers and my luggage. This whole mission thing is and A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E. In Periguex I have been assigned to be the senior companion and the District Leader. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little intimidated and nervous and I wouldn't mind at all for some prayers. :)

It was really hard for me to leave Carcassonne, I've really grown to love them so much, I said goodbye to Sabrina, Conchita, Vanessa, Carlos, Serge, The Kerseys, The Martins, and My Basketballers. I feel like have known them all for years, and I only got to Carcassonne 4 and a half months ago. The Bishop asked me to speak for my last time, I talked about Charity and Love. Because it is the thing that I have seen the most in Carcassonne. As a stranger that came to them, that didn't speak their language, they clothed me, feed me, helped me and accepted me. and Also the Lord blessed me to be an instrument in his hands to bring 2 souls into the waters of baptism. I've only been on my mission for 6 six months as of last Thursday, but I feel like have been in the presence of these people for years. I love them so much. It breaks my heart to know that I won't see many of them until we meet again before our Heavenly Father.

I talked with Carlos and Oridette Bento over the phone because Sister Bento was sick and they couldn't come to church, as we talked and said our goodbyes they begain to thank me for being their missionary, as we said goodbye Sister Bento began to cry and she just said in her french/portuguese "viens au temple, viens au temple!!" I felt one of the strongest joys that I have ever felt, in knowing that I was able to be a tool of the Lord by helping 2 precious souls return to their father. I will never forget this time that I have had and I know that I came across the world to teach Carlos, and If that is all that I do, it will be worth it. I hope to return to Madrid, Spain for their marriage in 2012 just after I've finished my mission.

This weekend was full of similar experiences, and I pray that the Lord will continue to bless these people.

Also this weekend we had a missionary dinner in Toulouse, we had a talent show and a dinner that the members of Toulouse prepared for all the missionaries in the stake. It was really great, it was there that president pulled me aside and gave me my new assignment, I was surprised and I still am a little surprised, but I'm excited to hit the ground in Perigeux and keep learning and working.

We also had a ward talent show, I don't have all the pictues yet, but it was a HOOT! I was the angel in the nativity, me and elder Sautron sang and I played Viva la Vida on the guitar while Brother Vital Danced! he is 65 and teaches karate and I absolutely love him, by the end of the song we were both dancing while I played the guitar. It was hilarious I'll send pictures later and maybe a video if I can get a hold of one.

Last Night we also have a family night with the Bishop, we had a big meal and we help them decorate the house and the christmas tree, we were laughing dancing, listening to Christmas music (mo-tab) and eating treats next to an open fire. IT WAS THE SOUTH OF FRANCE!!! and definitly a christmas that I'll always remember, we played board games and arm wrestles and it was fun to just have little bit of christmas

As for Chirstmas Calls. I'm not sure how this will work, because I'm still not in Periguex, but I will do everything I can to call at 11 o'clock in the morning Utah Time, I don't know it that will be skype or if that will just be with the phone. sorry that this has not been super organized, but I promise that we will talk some how.

I love you all!!!
and I'm excited to hear from you all (and maybe see you all)

MERRY CHRISTMAS Elder Matt Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment