Friday, July 16, 2010

Whooooooooooa I'm half way there!

Bonjour Ma Famille et Mes Amies!

I've offically served half of my sentence at the MTC. You know I've been out for 30 days and I'm not discouraged but we're definitly low on babtisms and investigators. It seems like everyone is familiar with our church but we're just not getting in the doors. Don't worry I'll keep the faith and continue to search for those that are ready for the gospel. (As I write this, I think I'm really funny! but you all probably think I'm wierd and that I've already been warped into a weird missionary. You're probably right)

The MTC is good. Lots of things to study and never enough time. It is hard for me to write something new because I've done exactly the same thing for a month, but alas I will try. I feel like for the most part I can find a way to say what I want to in French, at times it is choppy and full of errors, but I can get my point across and carry a decent conversation. The teachers keep telling me that it's in my genes(Mon Cousin Elder Smith) that I pick up french quickly, I have picked it up faster than I antisipated and am grateful for the blessings I've been given with the language. Nevertheless I still feel like I have BEAUCOUP DES CHOSES to learn. I've taught about 4 or 5 lessons in french to the teachers but never at the TRC. The TRC is where volunteers that speak french come to the MTC and we role play with them. This wednesday will be our first TRC in French, I'm excited and hope that I'll be able to teach. My companion is still struggling with the language, but he is increasing. This week I came across the scripture in 2 Nephi 28:30 "line upon line, precept upon precept" I've learned that I need to be patient and that the lord will give me what I need when he knows that I need it. It has been an especially important lesson for me this week.

Happy Birthday to Jodi Today! and Alicia on Sunday! I hope that your Birthdays are Great!!!!!

Elder Gnehm is leaving on monday and I'm super jealous, I've been here for almost twice as long as him and he is leaving. He'll do great and I'm super excited for him.

Mother. I loved getting your letter and I was so glad to hear about Brayden and his Mom, that filled me with happiness and I hope to hear more about them. To answer your question, on the first night here my companion and another elder were wrestlers in High School and were having a friendly competition when suddenly it became an alpha male battle :) We called blood and they stopped, it was quite funny, but all was in good sport.


Elder Carson after wrestling ... Oops!

Dad. Thank you for your letter it was more strengthening than I can tell you. I loved hearing from you and your missionary efforts, This past week we sang Lead Kindly Light in the devotional and as soon as I heard the words I couldn't help but tear up and feel so grateful for your great example to me. Latter an elder shared the poem "The touch of the masters hand" and again I was reminded of your great strength to me.


I love you all and I am so grateful for your prayers, I feel them Each and Every Day. I pray for you and am so grateful for all of you and so grateful for the lords work. I love you!!!!

Elder/Brother/Uncle/Friend Matt Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment