Monday, September 19, 2011

Rejoice!

Friends, Relatives, Countrymen lend me your ears! -


So this week went well we did an exchange with the elders in avignon and I loved it. We did lots of finding, because the universities have started up we were right out in front of the library and we were talking about the plan of salvation with everyone, we talked with quite a few people and we met a couple youngsters that were interested in life and the book of mormon. It is strange to be able to teach people that are my same age, because we have been around the block the same amount of times, but I am able to give lots of “wise advice” (the gospel) and most of the students that we talk with don’t have a clue why they are here on earth and what they can do to be happy. I love being able to testify in those moments that there is a prophet on the earth and the fullness of the gospel is on the earth so that we can find the answers to both of those problems! The gospel is sooooo good! We are spoiled to have it in our lives.


This week we had stake conference that it went really well, there was a 70 that came and talked to us about the small and simple things, he testified a lot about the family, the book of mormon, pray and obedience. It was nothing new or very special but he testified with the spirit because it was the things that he had lived. We were able to go on Saturday night because we had an investigator that was able to come, that was really great as well and I was able to see lots of members from Nice! There was a brother that came and picked me up off the ground in a huge huge and another brother that grabbed me and kissed me on the cheek, It was kinda of like the reunion of ammon and is brothers. I realized how much I love my mission and that people that I have met here. I am so grateful for the chance I have to be a missionary and to meet and be with the saints of god in France! I love it so much!


During the conference the temple in paris was made official and the spirit was very strong, there were many members brought to tears, because they have been waiting there entire lives to have a temple in France. It was really really special and I will never forget it.

Our ami, Christophe is doing well, he came to conference and today for p day we are going hiking with him, it should be pretty cool and I think it will be good for him. We also have another amie carline that is engaged to me baptized on the 15th of October. She is really sincere about finding the true church, she is 24 and she is really really cool, I really think that she will be baptized!


Rejoice! The gospel is restored!

Love Elder Smith



Ps I did meet sara’s friend, turns out that she lives in manosque which is another branch in our area ( I don’t know if I told you that, but we take care of a branch and a ward) She is the wife of the branch president but I didn’t know. She singled me out at stake conference by talking to all of the other missionaries. She was nice and I think that I will be seeing her again in about 2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment