Monday, May 21, 2012

CELIA!!!

Dear Family,

Celia got baptised!!! It was incredible!! She was radiant and her brother baptised her. I don't really remember if I told you her story, but the ward has been waiting for literaly years for her to be baptised. Basically all of her family, cousins and friends were there and half the ward. It was the biggest turn out I have seen on my mission for a baptism. at least 100 people. Celia had been waiting for her dad to baptised before she wanted to be baptised, but during the baptism of an 8 year old about 2 months ago, Elder Claflin turned to me and said " I know it is not the normal moment but I feel that we should invite Celia to be baptised." I said ok, lets do it. We simply asked her "Celia would you like to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptised?" She looked at us and said yes, she even thanked us because she had been wanting to be baptized but she didn't know how to go about it. She was a miracle and she is already making plans to go to the temple with the young women next month. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!





Besides that Zone Conferences and New Missionary Conferences are starting again!!! Back on the road! We have to leave in about an hour and then we will breath a couple of times and then this whole mission thing will be kinda over. CRAZY and SUPER SAD! but I am going to live it up. We took a missionary to the airport this morning because he had extended his mission by 2 weeks in order to help the mission move, it was sad and now I am the next one up. I have been sending missionaries off for the last 6 months and I can't believe that it is turning towards me.

This was our message to the mission and since I don't have tons of time, it is your message too.

As each of us began our missionary journey we received the promise, “The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children.” We humbly testify that this promise is true. Immediately following the baptism of wonderful young lady from a part member family, we had the opportunity to speak with an amie. She has been taking the lessons for a few weeks but still has some reluctance about baptism. At least, that was the case before she saw a baptism actually take place. We could tell as we were speaking with her that something had changed. We felt impressed to invite her to be baptized. Even though there were people all around eating cake, being loud, and laughing, we followed the prompting we’d received and invited her. She accepted. We testify that the Lord does reward and richly bless His missionaries as we do our best to humbly serve Him. We know no greater joy than that of missionary service. What a beautiful blessing it is to be counted as worthy to labor with God among His children. This is indeed His work.

I love you all!

Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment